Chief Architect Landscaping and Deck Designer is formerly Better Homes and Gardens Landscaping and Deck Designer, a outdoor living space design solution from Chief Architect. It is one of popular landscaping design software on the market today. The program makes it easy to design the virtual look and feel of your backyard, deck, patio, pool or any outdoor project.
There are over 3,600 landscaping plants available for you to add in your design. You can quickly search for plants based on a variety of attributes such as bloom time, water and sun needs, height information, plant type and sub-type, color, hardiness zone. The program also includes various pre-designed Landscaping, Deck and Pool Templates which you can choose to speed up the design process. You can also use the Replace from Library to choose a group of plants and replace with another; import digital photos and personalize your designs; import family photos or backdrops of your lot for realistic 3D views; drag and drop thousands of items from the Library Browser; choose plants, pavers, windows, doors, outdoor accessories, textures, furniture and more.
You can use the Deck Designer tools to quickly design the layout of your deck, design single or multi-level decks including free-standing, tiered and post-and-beam. Automatic deck framing tools with advanced deck framing for more advanced deck designs. You can also define the details for your decking such as borders, planking direction, overhang and planking gap. The program can automatically generate a complete spreadsheet for your project costs, broken down by category. You can also calculate the amount of lumber for your deck or concrete required for your new patio.
Highlight Features of Chief Architect Landscaping and Deck Designer
- Landscaping, Deck and Patio Design
- Outdoor Living Design
- Place Plants and Pathways
- Over 3,600 Realistic Plants
- Plant Encyclopedia and Plant Chooser
- Design Inspiration Gallery
- Import Photos of Plants, People and your Home
- 3D Models and Virtual Tours
- Site Planning and Cost Estimating
- Choose from a Library of over 4,000 items
Program System Requirement
- Platform: Windows 7, Vista or XP.
- CPU: 2.4 GHz processor is recommended.
- Hard Disk Space: 5 GB.
- RAM: 2 GB of Memory is recommended.
- DVD drive.
- VGA: 128 MB video card for Windows 7 and XP, 256 MB video card for Windows Vista.